Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Kindstod Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

-Kindstod is a noise project that I, VX, founded back in 2013. It has no strict subgenre and mixes various forms of experimental genres (harsh noise, hnw, power electronics, danger music, drone, black noise, old school industrial,..). Almost all tracks are very misanthropic and deal with topics like murder, suicide, torture, war and stuff related to that, all with a sick black humour. Until now I released 3 albums, 3 splits, 2 mini-albums and over a dozend singles/EPs; I actually work on finishing the fourth (and first real) album, a compilation and more!
You can check most stuff out on: kindstod.bandcamp.com


2.How would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recordings?

-DANGERous ANTI muSICK


3.What are some of the themes and images you bring out with your music?

-Chaos, Death, Murder, Madness, Anti-Religion, Humour


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Kindstod'?

-I don't has a real meaning, it just comes from "Plötzlicher Kindstod", what is a form of natural selection that affects you in a young age. 😉


5.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?

-Well, I already recorded one release (Dedicated to Kip Kinkel) and some other tracks together with other (secret guest-) members, also I'm working on a collab like thing with Dark Ashley, I don't know yet if it will be under the Kindstod name tho.


6.You have also done a split with 'Radiation Geisha', what are your thoughts on the other musical project that had participated on the recording?

-I like it a lot of course, same for Enbilulugugal. I don't also collabrated with them for no reason. I like their sound, ideals and aesthetics and they fit to Kindstod.


7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of death industrial, harsh noise and power electronics?

-Well, I don't really know, I got pretty much mostly positive feedback yet from all over the world.


8.Are you also involved with any other bands or musical projects?

I'm a member of Per La Lumon, Hellhound666, Neoteric Cease and Enbilulugugal. I also have some own projects there I (mostly) do everything by myself but sometimes get help on certain instruments. To name some of the projects: Verwesung (raw vampyric black metal), Todesnacht (aggressive suicidal black metal), Verialttari (raw oldschool black metal), Teufelskopfstreitkolben (raw insane black metal), Jesus Hitler (seth putnam worship), Abgeschieden (ambient), Pestilential Coffin (vampyric dark ambient), Dead Whore House (harsh noise wall with also some other influences)


9.Where do you see yourself heading into musically during the future?

-Wherever I want, I don't wanna predict too much about the future yet but my main topic always will be "death".


10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

-For Kindstod mostly "famous" acts like Anal Cunt, Merzbow, Whitehouse, Weena Morloch and Vomir influenced me I guess. But also a lot of others.. Nowadays I listen the most to underground black metal, hip-hop and horrorcore from mostly Germany and Finland. But my ears can handle all kinds of different sounds so it can be that I listen to only one genre or artist for a week but some other day I mix 10 different genres and switch from russian hatecore to japanese black metal or swedish rap. It really depends on my mood and I discover new good artists daily, some of them I start to like so much that I listen to them for years.


11.What are some of your non musical interests?

-Love, Hate, Death, Darkness, Horror, Justice, Truth


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

-Big thanks to Emir from my label Merdümgiriz for helping and promoting me, if you ever visit me I will suck your hairy sandnigger cock.
Hail Nihil & buy my shit on kindstod.bandcamp.com so I can buy new and better equipment!

No comments:

Post a Comment