Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Gandalf's Owl Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Hi Guys, First of all a Great Thanks for the attention you give to me! Gandalf’s Owl is the most significant opportunity for me to tell freely the deepest side of my Soul! The Epic and the Gloom are both part of my essence... My will is to create spaceless and Timeless music directly from the Heart!

2.Recently you have released an ep, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?

The Ep wants to show to people three aspects of my “ Ambient way of thinking”! As I said, Gloom and Epic are both part of me... and I think that this Ep holds the cards to show you that! Every sounds, rumor or clasters are children of my soul.

3.What are some of the themes you explore with this project?

Gandalf’s Owl will explore both lands of dreams and lands of nightmares... every flight of the Owl will bring back stories to tell! For example, this record is an extract of a full length in which I tell a  journey with my wife thoughout “Westeros and Essos”. I tell you! the Owl is already away... and soon will bring us  to visit other place out of space and time!

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Gandalf's Owl'?

According to fantasy literature, the Owl is “the night -time messenger”... The one to send messages and bring them back secretly and safe! It represent a poetic flight inside and outside me.

5.With this project you record everything by yourself, how would you compare it to working with a full band?

It was liberating for me!!! No compromise! Only me and my feeling!!! Peaceful!!!

6.The ep was released by Club Inferno Ent, are you happy with the support that they have given you so far?

Absolutely Yes!!! Francesco and his Staff understand immediately the deepest feelings inside this offer and encourage me to release it!!! I think that no-one but Francesco could help me to do that.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your project by fans of dark ambient?

Nice!!! I read some good reviews and a lot of attentions to my work. A heavy metal musician and, especially a Singer, is always seen with some suspects. Evidently not for me!!! ( :D )

8.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects that you are a part of these days?
A lot of work for me!!! We are working on new HEIMDALL stuff... and soon we will release a video clip of the new Single. I have to finish to record the voices for the debut album of my Hard Rock band called THE OPERA and Still working on a Rock Progressive project with Martino Lo Cascio, a valued composer and songwriter.

9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

To answare this question I have to ask to the “Owl”!!! The only thing I can say is that surely i will not waste what the gods have given to me... And Gandalf’s Owl will have progressively more and more space for sure!

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Can I answer with a List? There are so many influences as singer and musician as well. As Singer: Deep Purple, Genesis, Queen, Whitesnake. As Ambient composer:  Brian Eno, jean Michel jarre Kitaro. Nowadays I’m listening more and more Ambient music than before... what I’m listening now? Kitaro! And what yesterday? Metallica – Black Album!!! That’s Me , Guy!!!

11.What are some of your non musical interests?

Sex! Reading and gazing the stars!

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Thanks to you for this interview! Thanks to Francesco and all Club Inferno Staff for the support... and we’ll see soon for the next flight of Gandalf’s Owl!



https://www.facebook.com/gandalfsowl/

No comments:

Post a Comment