Monday, May 16, 2016

Postcards From Arkham Interview

1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording and release of the new album?

Just a few weeks before the release, we started doing live shows to support AEON5 album and the first one was at BRUTAL ASSAULT, one of the biggest festivals here in the Czech Republic. Then we continued with our DREAMSCAPES tour. Now, we are preparing the European tour – so stay tuned for more information.
I also started composing some new material for upcoming third album and I’m still working on the visual presentation of the current album

2.Recently you have released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?

The whole production as well as process were bigger than in OCEANIZE era. I was working on it for almost two years and I wanted to push my limits to the edges. The album was recorded in the new studio and published by a new label. Everything went better than I had expected.
I wanted a dynamic and atmospheric sound, similar to movie soundtracks and I can say that I am pretty satisfied with it. Hope that you are as well …

3.The last album was released on Metal Gate, are you still signed to this label?

Yes. The whole cooperation was without problems on both sides, so there’s no reason to change. We are planning some new stuff in the future where I want Metalgate to be involved in again. They support my art and I have always appreciated people like them...

4.The band name and a lot of the lyrics come from the writings of H.P Lovecraft, do you have any interest in other authors that write in the same genre?

I am inspired by many classical writers: E.A.Poe, A.C.Doyle, S. King and also H.P.Lovecraft . His art is very special for me, it opens my fantasy and creativity.
But I don’t want to be fixed on this writer or on anyone else. It’s very important for me to have my own space for my own ideas and thoughts.
Not only writers are my inspiration, there are also movies, drawings, sceneries ...

5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?

As I mentioned at the beginning, BRUTAL ASSAULT was one of the first shows in current band line-up and it was really memorable. It is not easy to play this atmospheric music live, but every gig is kind of magic ritual and I always enjoy the whole show.
We always do our best to be natural and “human” on stage without any cliche or theatrical poses. Every gig is original.

6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the new album?

There are plans for European tour after the success of Dreamscapes tour here in Czech Republic. So if there is any promoter that is interested just let me know.
Doing live shows is very important for every band and it is one of the main reasons why do I have a band, so I want to play as much as I can.


7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of post rock and metal?

I am quite surprised that everyone loves the new record, despite its complicated genre.
It proves that people are really open minded and the feedback from around the world is amazing! I appreciate every single fan and it doesn’t matter from where they are or what kind of music they usually listen to.

8.Are any of the other band members involved with any other bands or musical projects?

Whole band contains musicians from other bands - which is good for creativity. Even I have second melodic death black metal band called AWRIZIS . It is my second side of creativity, more aggressive and energetic stuff . Check this out if you like bands like In Flames or Gojira

9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

I like experiments in music and pushing the borders to the other genres. I don't want to make similar albums. Next album will be definitely different but I don't have specific vision of sound or compositions. Everything must be natural. There is some new stuff already written and I am really looking forward to dive into the new writing process.
The gap between the first and the second album was almost three years and it is a long time. There are some  plans for acoustic arranges of already written songs - I am really looking  forward to it.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

I have to say that my playlist is full of different music. From movie soundtracks, across grind core or EBM, to black metal and post rock…

One of my most favorite artist since two years has been TYCHO . Their music is visionary and very inspiring.

11.What are some of your non musical interests?

PFA are kind of multi-medial project because I am involved in audio -video presentation of the band and graphic presentation as well.
I am interested in every aspect of music production from graphic artworks to music videos. Everything is somehow connected with music, even if I go for a walk I listen to music … when I am thinking about it, there are no non musical interests for me :-D

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Thank you very much for your support , keep it up. Be creative and always open minded - that is the only way to be free!


https://www.facebook.com/PostcardsFromArkham/

No comments:

Post a Comment