Friday, November 6, 2015

O.S.I.R.I.S Interview


1.For those who never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Hi I´m Count Czar Yang, and I been into this since a while.

O.S.I.R.I.S. is my new musical approximation towards a new sort of Raw Black Occult sound, not interested into copy or recreating sounds or a specific style, this comes out straight from the heart and mind, no matter and regardless about labeling the music.

Its basically me on keyboards and vocals and the drummer Summoner on the rhythm stuff.





2.How would you describe the musical style of your current project and also how does it differ from the other band that you are a part of?

This goes into horror music ritualistic sounds, something recalling Rome Summeria Egypt, but avoiding a cinematographic approach, avoiding the stereotypes that have been contaminating our subconscious since the beginnings of our lives.

Ammit is my first band I have been into and formed in 1991, quite a lot of years.

I always put keyboards and worked occultist and esoteric lyrics into Ammit, that beast is more as a Blackened Death Thrash stuff.



3.The lyrics on the album go into a variety of any different occult topics, can you tell us a little bit more about the occult concepts you bring out with your lyrics?

I could describe my lyrics as surrealist occultism, not very interested on writing with a book on my sleeve or  trying to get as much close to the lines of any book of esoterism, This is like getting and pasting parts of a picture as a mental image,  cutting it , joining em in pieces and putting it  in another meaning, the rest belongs to a mind-interpretation, the power of the word into the mind. Can I describe it like this sounds pretty strange but is my point on writing lyrics.



4.The band name does come from an Egyptian god, but can you tell us a little bit more bout the periods?

Ammit and Osiris came from egyptian esoterism, but lyrics does not speak directly about Egypt .



5.When I looked at the Ammit website you had a reference towards no Odin, No Poems, No Paint No Fashion, can you tell us a little bit more about it?

That was a kind of statement I came it with that by mid 90´s when Norwegian black metal was a sort of fashion for bands everywhere, but I made Black Metal without that overproduced fashion, viking stuff, or plastic swords posse or crappy corpse paint, just Southamerican Black Metal as I labeled, Ammit was one of the very first bands to label itself as Southamerican Black Metal , then came the others, it was an interesting time, keep good memories.



6.Have you done any live shows with this musical project or has it been a solo project so far?

With Ammit we have been doing studio records, seven in total since 1991, plus rehearsals and demos, not any live show in all these years, but right now we are planning something for 2016, including the possibility to play in southamerican countries, we are starting to rehearse some classic tracks from our albums recorded some years ago.

In a way, times grants wisdom. Not sure about O.S.I.R.I.S. live shows  but actually also depicts  a little possibility.



7.The albums have been released in Vol 1 and Vol 2, can you tell us a little bit more about the concept?

The thing is that after two years of recordings and mixing (by myself) I found out that I got too much material to release it on just one disc, I wanted to separate it,to make it more digestible, otherwise would be too much for a record only, The second part does not perform any guitar or bass, it´s raw overdrived keyboards, drums and vocals.

I record on very underground studios not much technology here, I play with a cheap keyboard  (cost me 50 dollars), I just connect it to a good ol´ marshall amp, put a mic on it, set the overdrive and let´s record.



8.The album was released on Tyrannus Records, can you tell us a little bit more about this label?

It´s a Chilean label very much focused on Black Metal and just some Atmospheric releases, they work very hard on underground releases, they have been very supportive along this years.



9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to album by fans of dark and underground music?

Always polarized opinions, some like a lot what I do and some others simply hate it, specially the critics don´t like my way of singing, maybe it´s just too raw for some sensitive ears.

Anyway I m not very keen on give importance to the criticism. It´s been always like this when I do release stuff of O.S.I.R.I.S. or Ammit. I try to focus my attention and try to help xeroxed zines, which to me are the main weapon of the underground.





10.What is going with your other band these days?

With Ammit we are starting some rehearsals of old classic tunes, but also the guys of the band have their other own bands, we are dealing with lots of commitments and always short of time. Other bands related to Ammit are Kratherion and Teofobia.



11.What can we expect musically on future releases?

I will carry on and on  with O.S.I.R.I.S. recordings, actually I m staring to rehearse new songs, recording some bases for future recordings, expect the same rawness, evil and destructive sounds, nothing more nothing less. I´m turning 43 soon but no pipe and sleepers signs here, and that´s enough to feel lucky.



12.What are some of the bands or other musical projects that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

My influences along all this years go through Abruptum, Venom, Bathory, Slaughter Lord, Incubus, in general the old Death Heavy Metal and Thrash, raw and obscure Punk as Plasmatics,  Exploited or Discharge, a lot of Krautrock or old power electronics and primogenital industrial. But what is in scaling on my playlist nowdays; by far Ginger Baker, Sun Ra and Graham Bond.



13.Before we wrap up this interview do you have any final words or thoughts?

Thanks for the interest on my music, you can also check this page of a little collection of drawings called Necrolatry.

All the best

Count Czar Yang

https://templeofosiris.wordpress.com/2015/02/12/necrolatry/

No comments:

Post a Comment